Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Visit from the Chicken Fairy

The chickens are plagued with cabin fever right now. It's been a long, cold, snowy winter and they've hated every minute of it. Somehow the chickens have spoiled themselves. They think they are princesses or something. "How dare this white stuff touch me!" Anyway, since it's warmed up, they are dying to get out and eat grass. Miss Prissy has been very bite-y in protest to being cooped up, literally. Yesterday I promised them that they could get out and eat grass this weekend. I figured that there would be enough snow melted that their royal highness's could find some exposed grass to munch on. Today that promised was acknowledged. When I went out to collect eggs, I found a tiny, round, speckled fairy egg in the nest box. It's so adorable! So now, I know that if I don't let them out this weekend, there will be a chicken revolt. So, Mother Nature, don't fail me now!

1 comment:

  1. Mini Me.................Eggsalent! The perfect side kick!

    ReplyDelete